Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pancakes

In my quest to make an even larger dent in my flour, I made the kids pancakes for lunch - yep, from scratch.  They do taste better than the box mix (any variation), but not so much so that I would abandon box mix forever (like I have vowed to do with those pizza dough disks/Frisbees). I put some canned blueberries on some of them because Joshua loves that, and Aaron likes it too.  Per usual, one of my kids won't eat it - in this case, Isaac.



To be honest, I also tried to make a cocoa version of these by taking some of the batter and adding Hershey's cocoa powder and some additional sugar.  It basically created a whole wheat-tasting pancake but without the nutritional value add.  I put a chocolate gelt on to show it was chocolate, which Aaron said looked stupid.  He's right.  It does...


No comments:

Post a Comment