Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Baker's One Bowl Coconut Macaroons

I looked in my baking supply cabinet tonight to see what I might be able to use up in some recipe (realizing that I am definitely doing more baking than cooking for this blog...whatever...).  I was really looking for a bag of chocolate or butterscotch chips, but I saw a nice, fresh bag of coconut that I bought only 2 months ago, so that's the winner!  Anyway, it's a nice change from cheesecake (though there are plenty more of those to come, I'm sure).  

The Baker's One Bowl Coconut Macaroons recipe was right on the back of the bag, and they are baking right now - love the smell of almond extract!  

Here's how they came out - very delicious, actually!  The browner parts have that yummy toasted coconut flavor, and the centers are nice and chewy.


I dipped half of them in melted chocolate chips, but they now have to stay in the fridge to keep the chocolate from getting too melty to the touch.  Both kinds are good, but I think I prefer the plain ones best - sometimes simpler is best!


  • Prep time: 15 minutes (maybe a bit less)
  • Cook time: 25 minutes (the recipe says 20 minutes, but given the size of the macaroons, it really needs the extra 5 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment