Monday, January 21, 2013

Black Forest Mini Cheesecakes

I thought I would have tons of time over this 3-day weekend to cook some real food, but I wound up working with my kids endlessly on their homework instead.  So this is the only thing I made from a cookbook, Hershey's Homemade.


The recipe says that I should get between 18 to 24 of these lovelies, but I followed the recipe accurately (and mine aren't even as high as in the picture), and I only got 16. Mine also didn't come out as perfectly circular as theirs, and my topping spread out a bit because I didn't cool them completely (my weakness for warm cheesecake being the culprit here).  Here's what they look like on average:



They are super delicious, even as imperfect as they look here.  The proof is that my oldest pushed his dinner aside to eat dessert first!  Also, my middle son (pickiest kid ever!) ate one and liked it too!  He thought the sour cream and sugar topping was frosting, so who was I to argue?!


  • Prep time: 30 minutes
  • Cook time: 25 minutes (each batch)
  • Post cook finishing: 10 minutes
  • Hershey's Homemade, 1991, pg. 49

2 comments:

  1. Those look so good. Did you post the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I can b/c of copyrights, but I can send it to you. Joshua LOVED these!

    ReplyDelete