Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Philadelphia Indulgence Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake

OK, so I didn't make anything from a cookbook today, but I did use a new recipe.  The problem was that I had (still have) a huge amount of cream cheese I need to start using.  I bought quite a bit of it last month when it was less that a dollar each, thinking I would make all these great cheesecakes, but I really didn't have time.  

As a matter of fact, I even ripped the recipe for the Philadelphia Indulgence Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake out of People magazine last month as an incentive to get me backing, but it really never happened.  I'd always forget something critical to the recipe - white chocolate, Lorna Doones for the crust, etc.  I wound up using 2 Keebler ready made shortbread pie crusts, and those worked quite well.  So instead of having one large cheesecake using the springform pan (which I have, but 2 pre-made crusts turned out to be both cheaper and easier).  I also wound up using white chocolate chips on top for decoration because I already had them (and they are yummy!)

My only criticism about this recipe is that the cheesecake itself was not as sweet as I would like in a cream cheese cheesecake (as opposed to an Italian cheesecake made with ricotta).  The chocolate mousse on top (made with Philly Indulgence Chocolate and Cool Whip) was really good though.  I think my kids would like that as a dessert by itself, actually.  Giving one of these cheesecakes away tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment